It is recommended that you have a chimney cleaning and inspection every year before you use your fireplace for the first time. This applies to all types of fireplaces, wood stoves, gas stoves, furnace flues, and pellet stoves.
We offer two levels of chimney cleaning:
Level I – The most common type of chimney cleaning, in a level I inspection the chimney sweep will clean the inside of your chimney, removing any built-up soot, leaves, debris and nests of critters that took up home in your chimney in the warm months. They will also visually inspect the integrity of your chimney’s structure and ensure all parts are working properly.
Level II – In this more in-depth inspection, the chimney sweep will use a camera to inspect the inside of the flue, checking for cracks, gaps and other structural concerns. The camera will capture pictures that can be used by a repair professional for further remediation. A level II inspection is recommended if your chimney has been compromised in a storm, if you have experienced a chimney fire, or when you move into a home with a chimney.
How To Know If You Need Chimney Cleaning
- It has been more than a year since your chimney has been cleaned
- You use your fireplace regularly during the cold months
- You recently moved into a new home and aren’t sure when the chimney was last cleaned
- You experience poor exhausting or excessive smoke inside your home when the fireplace is in use
- You see visible damage to the exterior of the chimney